Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pre-Op, 36 Weeks, Game Night

January 29

I met with my doctor today to go over the pre-op stuff. Since I've already gone through this, it was pretty standard only a little less rushed. My c-section is Wednesday, February 19 at noon. I have to be there at 10 a.m. for prep. A friend pointed out to me that there's a chance I could get bumped if someone (like me with Henry and Gabe) needs the room sooner and I'm not in labor. I'll cross my fingers that won't happen! I'm looking forward to meeting these little wiggle worms =)

January 30

Today I hit the 36 week mark. I'm still feeling pretty good. My girl is still very quiet and my boy is crazy. I have weekly non stress tests now so they monitor the babies. My girl is always a struggle to get readings on and my boy is quite jealous we're also concerned about the girl. He will make waves on my belly trying to get the monitor off or get the nurses attention. I'm not really sure which. Still no signs of labor. Only three weeks to go!



Henry and Miss Kristen spent some time working on Valentine's yesterday to send to the Grandmas. I put the Valentine's in their envelopes and asked Henry to help me decorate the outsides of the envelopes. I guess I wasn't specific enough because he took an entire sheet of valentine's day stickers and put them on ONE envelope =) It was a mess but he was so proud. Hopefully it will still go through the mail!



February 1

Henry was in a silly mood this morning. He dresses himself but today was a little different than usual. He got "dressed" and then wanted me to take a picture to send to the Grandmas. He was concerned they may not know he was joking so I also had to send a follow up photo of him dressed "correctly."





We took the kids to Grandma Marilyn's today to spend the night so we could go to a couple's game night at a friends. Henry was so excited to go to Grandmas. Gabe always loves it too but he doesn't really get the anticipation like Henry does. I.E. If we tell Henry Monday we're going on Saturday, he will ask every day if it's Saturday yet. Anyways, the boys had a great time at moms and we had a lot of fun at game night. Games aren't really Mike's thing but I think even he had fun. We were out pretty late but it was nice to sleep in a bit the next day.

February 2-3

Poor Henry and Gabe's stay at Grandma's was cut short by Gabe having some intestinal bug. I picked them up around noon and the poor kid had problems all afternoon. It's so tough when one of my kids are sick. I wish I could do more for them but in the end I just have to let things run their course!


No comments: