February 4
The norovirus plague has hit out home. It started with Gabe at Grandma's but now has extended to Henry and Mike. So far I've been lucky and avoided it all but having three boys sick at the same time has been stressful. Mike took off work today and slept the entire time. Gabe is starting to feel better so he's playing and acting fine but still having some intestinal problems. The doctor said it could last up to two weeks! Ugh. I hope not. Henry is just tired and wanting to cuddle on the couch. We're watching a lot of movies today. Sometimes I really hate preschool. I swear that's the only place they go that they catch every germ possible!
February 5
Gabe had his follow up appointment to his adenoid surgery this morning. The ENT seem to disagree with the allergist on the milk allergy but they didn't pressure us to have Gabe give up anything. Overall everything is looking great and Gabe seems to be doing better. We're crossing our fingers we're done with ear infections. If he gets anymore after this point, we're back to the allergist to see what may be causing the internal inflammation which ultimately causes the ear infections.
I'm pretty sure I broke my toe this evening. Slight back story, we moved our extra water bottles/Gatorade/pop boxes into the hallway from the garage because of the weather. It's been so cold the pop cans explode and the bottles swell up. I guess I'm not used to them there yet because when I was walking down the hall, I banged my third toe into one of the Gatorade cases. I thought I just stubbed it at first but then when I had difficulties walking after a half hour and it turned an ugly shade of purple/blue, I thought maybe it was more serious. I didn't go to the doctor since I'm pretty sure there's nothing they can do. It's sore but as long as I don't try to move it certain directions or squish it in tennis shoes, I'm pretty good. I had to buy shoes two sizes too big to fit my already fat foot and now broken toe into without pain =) It's working pretty well. Now if only I could keep the kids away from my foot too. They seem to sense the injury and I swear Gabe aims for it every time he runs by me. I wish I had taken a picture. I didn't think of it at the time.
February 6
Big milestone today - 37 weeks! Full term for twins and I'm still hanging in there. NST shows babies are still active and doing fine. I'm measuring 46 weeks now. Ugh. I asked the doctor if they had a cancellation list for c-sections but he just laughed and said I can wait. Jerk =P I'm just more and more uncomfortable but considering the kids keep growing, it's expected, right?
Janell came today to do my hair and let the kids play. She brought Gabe's birthday gift and he loves it. She got him a superman toy and a superman shirt/sweatshirt. He was so excited to have his own superhero toy that Henry couldn't take away. He spent the rest of the afternoon playing with it. Once again, all the kids enjoyed having Jayla and Jayden over to play. They really do play well together. I'll have to post pictures of his presents later. I put it on the big camera and Mike recently uploaded all those photos to his computer while he's working on fixing our home storage (it's full). Unfortunately I can't access photos on his computer yet :P
I do have some photos from my camera phone of the kids opening Grandma M's Valentine's Day gifts. They really loved the candy and treats!
Poor Grandpa didn't come with Grandma today (who also has her hair done by Janell) because he caught what the kids had last week. I feel bad. The stupid virus is so contagious =( Luckily it sounds like he's not too serious.






No comments:
Post a Comment