Today I'm 35 weeks and still hanging in there. We had our final growth u/s today. Both babies are doing well and continuing to grow strong. Baby A is very wedged in my pelvis but we were lucky she came out long enough to get some measurements. She's about 5 lbs 5 oz. She's still pretty quiet and I struggle to feel her more a lot. Baby B is still very active and doesn't like to be measured. He came in smaller than A at about 5 pounds. I question that a bit only becuase they've been the same as far as weight since the beginning but maybe she's beat him. There's a 12 oz varience possible so who knows until they're born! Either way, they're measuring fine for where they are and are continuing to grow as they should. I'm three weeks away from delivery!
January 25 & 26
Another snow storm has blown into Michigan. I think everyone is tired of the snow and ice. We couldn't do anything Saturday because the weather was too bad. But Sunday we were able to venture out to Grand Rapids to help Rich and Lois purchase and install their new HD TV. They ended up with the exact same model that we have in our bedroom now. It looks very nice but they need a new cable box that's compatiable with the TV before they can really enjoy the new features! It's always something.
Heading home was a bit of a mess. Another snow storm came raging through unexpectedly. It usually takes us 45 minutes to get home from GR but it took over two hours that day. It was just blinding conditions on top of icy roads. Everyone was going slow. We considered a hotel once or twice but by the time we located the nearest hotel by phone, it was faster to go home! =) Overall it wasn't a huge deal. It was just slow going. I'm very grateful for our car with four wheel drive. We hardly notice really bad weather when we're in it.
January 27 & 28
Nothing exciting to report. Mike had to take my car to get out of the drive and to work so the boys and I are stuck home. The nanny was also snowed in so it was just me and the boys yesterday. Today I usually don't have anyone so it's just us again. They don't seem to mind too much but I know they're starting to get bored. Their toys are only exciting for so long. We've done quite a few movies to pass the time. The really frustrating part is how cold it is. I would take them outside if it were warmer but with -20 wind chill and -11 degree weather, it's just too dangerous! I'm looking forward to spring already. Even 30 degrees would be a heat wave at this point!
Here are a few random photos of the boys playing while we've been snowed in. Thank goodness they play well together 80% of the time...







No comments:
Post a Comment