Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Play Date, 33 Weeks, Allergies & Diaper Party

January 9

Busy, busy day! We had a friend of ours over for a play date this morning. The kids had a great time playing together and I enjoyed catching up with the latest news. I always worry when I have a friend comes over who only has a daughter or daughters. Boys are so rough compared to girls, I always worry my boys will shock girls the same age. Luckily my friend's daughter is in daycare and also has a good friend who is a boy. She was right there when they wanted to wrestle, play superheroes or fix some unknown problems with their tool set.

Right after my play date, mom and dad came over to watch the boys so I could go to my 33 week appointment. Everything is still going well. Babies have either gone through a growth spurt or positioned oddly: I measured 44 weeks now. Ugh. I believe it. I'm surprised my belly is still able to accommodate the growing children in my belly =)



We had some surprising news today about Gabe. If you remember, I discussed the allergy test they took during his surgery. We expected nothing to come back, but the doctor called and told us there were two positives on the test: Milk & Dog. He's less allergic to milk (.8/.35) than he is to dogs. Dogs he registered off the charts at 86/.35 (and no, I did not miss a decimal there). After receiving the news, we made an appointment with the allergic at our pediatrician's recommendation. Luckily I'm already an established patient at an allergist and my allergist was on the short list of recommendations from the doctor. We have an appointment next Thursday to meet with the allergist and get a better idea of what this all means. Right now we're trying to eliminate the milk from Gabe's diet and keep him away from dogs whenever possible. Luckily the last isn't too hard considering we don't own a dog. The milk is going to be an issue. Gabe loves yogurt/cheese/dairy products!

Anyways, after my appointment I did run to the store to get a few dairy free products to try with Gabe. Pretty much right after I got home I was running around trying to get dinner ready and then myself ready to go to a Diaper Shower some friends were hosting for me. The shower was a lot of fun. My friend Stephanie did a great job decorating and my friends were very generous with their diaper and "shower" gifts =) Since this is my third time around, I wasn't expecting anything so it was very touching to have my friends do something like this for me!















No comments: