Yesterday we made a pretty treacherous drive to Grand Rapids to drop Henry off at Grandma and Grandpa Dozeman's for the night. The weather is getting colder and they say we have a bunch of snow coming soon and crazy cold temperatures. I think I drove at a max 50 mph when the speed limit is 70. Not a lot of people were passing me either! But we made it there and back safely and that's all the matters =)
Today we had Gabe's adenoids surgery early in the morning. Gabe broke my heart at about 3 a.m. when he woke up thirsty and I had to turn him down since it was after midnight. Luckily he went back to sleep but it was awful. The surgery was pretty similar to when we had the tubes done. They give Gabe a little "loopy" medicine to help calm him down and then when he's really starting to get silly, they take him back to the surgery area. The surgery was about 35-40 minutes. Everything went well and the doctor said his adenoids were large so we're hoping this it he end of the ear infection problems. Gabe was slow to wake up and a bit crazy. He went from completely passed out on my shoulder to flailing angry without a lot of thought for his safety. Eventually I had to let Mike hold him for awhile because my big belly was making it hard for me to catch him when he would throw himself back. Luckily that didn't last too long and then we could take him home.
I would say about an hour or so after his surgery he was almost completely back to normal. He was so hungry and didn't hold back eating anything we would let him have. We started small, afraid he might throw something up, but in the end we let him eat whatever he wanted. He went about his day like nothing strange had happened at all.
We had an allergy test (blood draw) done with the surgery and they said we should know by next week what the results are. We're hoping it's nothing since the adenoids were large and the doctor was happy we removed them.
January 3
I had my 32 week pregnancy appointment. Things are still going well. Babies heartbeats are strong and they're continuing to grow. My belly is measuring 40 weeks but I feel so many larger.
We also had a week of car repairs. Mike's car was acting strange so we took it in and found it had a leaky tube somewhere. Then my car's defrost wasn't working well. We found out the temperature regulator something-or-other wasn't working correctly. Luckily we purchased the extended warranty on that so the repairs on that were free. Mike and I differ on how much it might have cost us. He says he signed something that said $120 but when I looked up the repairs online, I found people who said they paid $1,000 - $1,500! I think the dealer only showed what the parts cost them, not the labor or other stuff they tack on to charge people. Plus, it makes it sound so much better to say the warranty saved us $1,000 rather than $120 =)
January 5
My baby is 2 years old! I have no idea where the time has gone =( We decided with the surgery on the 2nd we would postpone Gabe's birthday party. Plus the weather is a bit unpredictable at this time of year. In the end we had a little family party instead. We had ice cream cupcakes and we got Gabe a new Hot Wheels track set that goes on our wall. He loves the new car track and plays with it often. We're still struggling with getting him to understand that not every car is small enough for the track. He wants every car he owns to use the track but most end up stuck and frustrate him. I've had to basically duct tape the track to the wall to keep it working for him and Henry. They are rough on the track and it comes off the wall easily.
January 6 & 7
We had a massive store come through and dump about three feet of snow on us. For the first time we are completely snowed in. Our roads haven't been plowed and from what the news is saying, even main roads are still covered. Almost the entire town has shut down. Even Stryker! Which just about never happens. Mike is still working from home but the actual buildings are closed. Tuesday things did start opening a bit but you have to have a big vehicle to get through most of the side roads. Mike did make it into work on Tuesday. As much as I hate how much my car uses gasoline, I'm grateful it's really good in heavy snow!
January 8
The weather has at least ceased to dump any more snow on us now. Most people are still digging out but it's getting better. I'm frustrated with the boys now. They've been home for too many days without an outing or play date to break up the monotony. School is once again cancelled but I am thrilled to have my first new nanny start today. Her name is Kristen and she's a senior at Western studying special education. I have a number of little things I want to get done around this house, especailly after a long "break" when Mike and the boys were home so long.
She really did a fantastic job. She was great with the boys and they were so excited to have someone new to play with. I didn't get as much as I wanted done but I did get a nap in. We went to the library this morning as a group and Kristen was great watching the boys so I could get new books and a few movies for us. Poor Kristen had to read Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles about six times to Henry who just couldn't get enough of them.




No comments:
Post a Comment