Monday, January 20, 2014

New Nanny #2, Skype with Grandmas, Birthday Party Play Date

January 10

Today we had the other new nanny start. Her name is Molly and she's also an education major at Western. She's super sweet and just like Kristen, the boys loved her. She watched the boys while I made huge progress on the nursery upstairs. Once again we were lazy and let the nursery room closet double as a storage area. We had so much stuff in there it was ridiculous. Unfortunately it all had to come out because we need to fit two cribs and two dressers in there. The closet is large enough it can hold one dresser with no problem - if it's empty. I did manage to get the room cleared out and organized. I have a pile of stuff Mike needs to more to the basement for me. At least now I have a clean slate. I'm not quite as excited to decorate the nursery as I was with Henry and Gabe. Partly because I know the twins won't spend that much time in there right away. Henry was in his room from the beginning (new mommy paranoia) but Gabe was with us for 9 months before we finally got him to sleep in his own bed. I imagine it will be similar with these two. Especially considering I may need more of Mike's help with one child while I'm trying to feed/change/take care of the other. Anyways, I guess I know the nursery is important, but not THAT important right now =)

January 11

Recently Henry has discovered the novelty of Skype. My mom has Skype so she can talk to my sister and her family on the Isle of Mann (UK). Henry doesn't seem to care about that though. As soon as he figured out he could call Grandma and SHOW her things, he was sold. Unfortunately, he did not understand at all why he couldn't call Grandma Lois to do the same thing. Grandma Lois does not have a camera at her house. So, today we made the trip up to Grand Rapids to help get a new camera set up for our very spoiled little boy! We were able to get it all set up and I know Henry will be excited to call and show Grandma Lois AND Grandma M all his wonderful things or maybe just bore them to death with the same stories they've heard before... either way, technology has certain come a long ways from my childhood!



January 14

Sunday and Monday were a blur. Sunday was mostly a lazy day and catch up on house projects. Monday Henry did make a few Skype calls to his Grandmas but other than that and laundry, it was uneventful.

Today however was a bit more exciting. I didn't get to have a play date for Gabe's birthday because the weather was so bad around his birthday. I moved it to this week instead. It was a bit challenging to find a milk-free snack but in the end I was able to make some cookies that didn't have any diary in it. I think all the kids had a fun time dressing up as superheroes and destroying my living room =) Thankfully Henry is pretty good at cleaning up now!






After the party, I was pretty exhausted. I attempted to take a nap but neither boy was willing to cooperate today. Of course that's my luck. In other news, I was a little concerned because I hadn't felt Baby A move all day. She's usually quiet but I at least feel her once or twice during the day until her awake time between 9 & 11 at night. Either a turn over or hiccups, something. Anyways, I finally hyped myself up enough about it I called the doctors. They said to come in for an NST to check things out. I called Mom and she and dad headed over from Battle Creek. Mike did a great job leaving work quickly to come home and wait for my mom to take over while I went to the doctors to get started on the test. In the end, everything is fine. She's definitely not moving much but it's not from distress. Her annoying little brother tried his best to outdo her at every point of the test. He was moving like crazy and his monitor was moving all over the place. Except for maybe 5 times, her heartbeat remained very steady and unmoved by any of her roommates actions. I was glad they could also see she wasn't moving because I was concerned she may have moved somewhere I couldn't feel her as well.

The whole thing reminded me of the night Gabe was out of bed when he wasn't supposed to be and happily in Henry's bed hitting Henry on the head with a stuffed footballl. Henry snored through the whole thing and didn't move once. Regardless, I'm really glad they're both still doing well and we'll follow up at our appointment on Thursday. Hoping she moves like she's supposed to tonight! This is one frustrating thing about twins. They are double the worry!!

No comments: