Friday night we went to Henry's school's Fall Festival party/fundraiser. It was extremely crowded but the boys had a great time. There were raffle baskets, games, food and prizes. Mike and I were also amused at how many people/kids knew Henry but he seemed clueless as to who they were! We recognized the teachers who greeted him but not the few kids or parents of kids in his preschool class who said "Hi Henry!" He would smile back shyly and sometimes wave.
We were lucky the games were simple enough the boys could play them. I was so proud of Gabe. He's young but it didn't take him long to watch older brother Henry handing his tickets to the game attendant to play a game and figure out the system. Gabe was very eager to hand over his own tickets and take a shot at the different games. We have to work on "waiting our turn" a bit with both boys but overall they did great. They both played ring toss, find the "O" under the floating ducks, shoot basketball hoops (Gabe especially likes basketball) and find a sucker with a red stick. Henry's favorite game was the "Cake Walk." We all walked in a circle with numbers on the floor. Once the music stopped, whatever number you had would be "your number" for a drawing. Gabe and I did not win, but Henry and Mike did! Henry walked away with a pile of sugar cookies to share. Gabe ended up wearing most of his frosting by the time we left. We didn't get pictures because of the crowdedness and trying to make sure we had both boys within reach.
Saturday we had a nice lazy morning before heading out to Grand Rapids to look at the Captain Beds I found. Mike was more impressed once we saw them, but he really wants bunk beds. I'm not sold on the idea of bunk beds. Obviously we can't do bunk beds now, but down the line Mike thinks the boys would like it. I'm torn now. We need to make a decision soon so the boys can get used to being in the same room together before the twins come.
After bed hunting, we stopped in at Rich and Lois's house to drop off the boys to play. They love going to Grandma and Grandpas and barely notice when we leave. Mike and I were able to have a very nice dinner together and spend some time talking about other important things we need to do before the babies arrive. Poor Mike is spread pretty thin at work right now so I don't have a lot of time to talk to him! After dinner we saw "Captain Phillips" with Steve, Tia and Audrey. It was a really nice evening!
Sunday was mostly Mike catching up on yard work but we did make a quick stop at the local cider mill and pumpkin patch to get our pumpkin for Halloween. The boys loved walking through all the pumpkins. They had a hard time picking just one! Luckily we found a keeper.
Later that night Mike helped Henry carve his first pumpkin. Gabe watched helpfully but didn't really participate. I tried to give him some of the pumpkin insides to play with but he was NOT impressed at all. Either was Henry. They both thought the pumpkin guts were gross. But, now we finally have a pumpkin for Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment