We had a really busy day! This morning we had a fun Halloween-themed play date at Maggie's house. The boys got to dress up in costumes, decorate cookies and have a candy hunt. Both boys ran around like crazy kids and ate more cookies and candy than I probably should have allowed =) In fact, now that I think about it, the amount of sugar may have contributed to the amount of time it took me to get Gabe to settle down for a nap. He was one bouncing child for a good hour after we left!
After the morning play date, my friend Janell came up from Indiana to spend the afternoon with us. Henry LOVES her daughter Jayla. They are pretty close in age. Janell also has a son, Jayden, who is two weeks older than Gabe so they get along well too. Both kids had a ton of fun with Jayla and Jayden. Jayla was especially patient with Henry and his obsession with super heroes. She did a great job playing super hero with him. I was actually surprised he let her hold/play with his various heroes!
Janell also does my hair and moms hair when she comes sometimes. Today just Mom needed her hair done. I have no idea why I didn't take a picture! I guess I didn't think of it. Mom got all the kids cute little bags with a small toy, sucker and box of raisins. All the kids loved their surprise Halloween gifts.
Overall it was a great day. When everyone left later that night, both my boys were ready to fall into bed =) I love busy days because it does wear them out and it's so nice to not have to fight them to go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment