With the twins less than 16 weeks away (yikes!) from arriving, I'm pressuring Mike to start looking for "big boy" beds for Henry and Gabe. We'll be moving Gabe into Henry's room and turning Gabe's room into the twins new room. I did a lot of research on beds and neither Mike or I felt comfortable with bunk beds yet. Gabe is a huge climber and would take no time at all to figure out how to get to the highest point. Even with rails, I would worry he'd fall too far. The second problem is space. Henry's room is a decent size but two twin beds and two dressers would be too much. Both boys are in separate sizes so combining into one dresser would be tough. Thankfully I stumbled upon "Captain Beds" online. I think they're perfect for our needs!
Captain beds have the storage on the bottom so the kids will still have plenty of room to move around. They're taller but not so tall they'll hurt themselves if they fall. We'll also have a rail for the side to help keep them safe.
Captain beds have the storage on the bottom so the kids will still have plenty of room to move around. They're taller but not so tall they'll hurt themselves if they fall. We'll also have a rail for the side to help keep them safe.
Mike isn't sold on them yet but he's willing to look this weekend. We'll have to go to Grand Rapids to look though because locally none of the furniture stores carry Captain beds. I have no idea why... but besides the point. I hope the kids like them and we can find a decent deal! Mike was put out I wanted to buy two beds when we could just buy another bassinet. I kindly reminded him neither boy lasted more than three months in the bassinet because they were too large =) No matter what, with twins coming we have to buy two beds at some point!
At least this way the babies will get to borrow the cribs from Henry and Gabe and then when they're older, they'll get the Captain beds and Henry and Gabe can have the "full" size version of their crib-to-bed sets back.
At least this way the babies will get to borrow the cribs from Henry and Gabe and then when they're older, they'll get the Captain beds and Henry and Gabe can have the "full" size version of their crib-to-bed sets back.
In other news, Gabe is showing signs of being "Potty Trained" ready. I am not, however, ready. I let him use the potty whenever he wants but when I tried to let him run around naked for awhile, he peed all over my floor a few times! Nope. Not ready for it yet =)
I'm officially 22 weeks now. I've consistently measured 5 weeks ahead so my belly is more 27 weeks at this point. I feel fine. If I didn't have a belly I would forget I'm pregnant most days. They are starting to move a bit more but usually only later at night. I keep worrying they're going to ask me to do kick counts soon and I just don't think they're active enough yet for that! I'm sure it will change but right now I'm okay with the occasional kick here or there =)
No comments:
Post a Comment