I'm not ready for March. My Google countdown calendar says I now have less than 100 days until the baby is here! Holy cow. Craziness.
Only really cool news today is I found out that I passed my glucose test! No 3 hour test for me. I feel like it's a miracle. No diabetes for me =)
Tuesday, March 2nd
Today we left work early to go to Grand Rapids to see a new puppy potential for my in-laws. You will all remember the trauma they experienced with their last puppy so they were nervous about getting a new one. We went to the shelter to check out the new dog and we approved. He's a little boarder terrier mix and while I think he'll be a handful for my in-laws, he's pretty cute. The only negative about the dog is he takes the WORST pictures. He's very cute in person but whenever you get a camera near him he looks like a drowned rat. His ears go down and he gets this pitiful look on his face. As soon as you take the photo though, he's right back to normal! Very weird.
Anyways, they did end up adopting him and they will be able to pick him up on Friday!



Friday, March 5th
Today I finally went in to the cell phone place to get my cell phone fixed. Sometime on Monday-ish my phone tried to auto update and me in my impatience tried to stop it because I needed to use my phone. Apparently it's really bad to interrupt cell phone updates so I completely messed up my phone. It wouldn't check email or get on the Internet and the battery wouldn't stay alive longer than 4-6 hours. I was quite frustrated. Finally, today I was able to go to the store to get it fixed. Thank goodness we have an insurance plan.
After waiting an hour I finally got a tech to take a look at my phone. He agreed it was screwed up and said all they could do was wipe the hard drive and reinstall all the software and see if that helps. Sounded like a plan to me so I left it there for him to update.
Saturday, March 6th
Today Mike and I were on a mad errand run. First, we went to a Mom to Mom sale at the local church up the street. I was a little disappointed in the variety (mostly girl clothes) and they didn't have as many big ticket items by the time Mike and I were there at 10. Early birds got all the worms... Anyways, we did get a few cute outfits but didn't stay long. After that we headed to breakfast and started running other errands. The day was beautiful so it made traveling nice. We got new blinds for pretty much every room in our house, we got a new bed set for the guest bedroom as well as paint to match the new set and we bought a few nick knacks for the baby room at Hobby Lobby. By the time we were done it was well into the night. It's amazing how fast our days are flying by...
Sunday, March 7th
After our normal church morning we had our second class of parenting class. It was on discipline and Mike and I are very nervous about how we're going to handle discipline in our house. It sounds so complicated and no matter what a parent does it seem so hard! We are intimated.
After the class we had a brunch at the church. It was super nice to talk more with the couples in the group and meet new people. We stayed for a few hours before we had to get home to get things done.
Mike came home and started working on the blinds in the baby room. It sounds like it was very complicated and he was working for awhile trying to get them up. Eventually he did and he also got the valiance up in the baby room. The room still looks plain but it's getting there =)
Tuesday, March 9th
Today I'm trying to catch up on my over-a-month-old blog. I'm trying to remember everything we did but I know I'm missing some things. Oh well... not really sure what I can do about it =)
Baby Update
Right now I am 28 weeks and still doing well. I signed up for a pregnancy swimming class that starts at the end of the month. It wasn't until after I registered that I realized I will have to get into a swim suit for the class. One, I don't have a swim suit that fits and two, I hope there are other women in the class as large as me! What in the world was I thinking...
We also signed up for a Natural Birthing Class session that starts April 1st. It's taught by a Doula and although I'm not set on a natural birth, I would at least like to have the skills to get through one in case I can take the pain =) Wish me luck. We're quite clueless on how we're going to get through the whole labor process.
No comments:
Post a Comment