I'm so far behind I'm not sure anyone wants to read all the details from March to now but I will do my best to summarize!
Also, too many pictures to post! Check out the latest on my albums.
March
Attended a weekly Lenten Series hosted by our church's priest. It was a pretty interesting series with different themes on Lent and why we celebrate them. At the same time as the series we also attended a parenting class at a friend's church. It was equally educational but also intimidating. Not sure we are really ready for this parenting business!
On the 19th I had my work baby shower. My team was SUPER generous and hosted a fantastic party. We got quite a few things we really needed for the baby.
On the weekend of the 20th we painted our guest room and set it all up for future visitors. We have succeeded in decorating all the rooms in our house that we do NOT use regularly but at least it looks nice =)
The week of the 25th we were super busy trying to interview local pediatricians for our child. It was a grueling process and I was surprised how many offices I did NOT like. In the end we picked a smaller office called Trestlewood where we liked the staff a lot and felt they had the best office for us.
On the 27th it was my family baby shower. Another fantastic party where Tiffani, Andrea, Mom, Aunt Betty and Lois all really out did themselves. The venue was beautiful and elegant and everyone had a wonderful time - myself included! We had so many gifts we had to ask Norm and Mary to help us take them home!
Then on the 28th I attended our friend Chris's baby shower and had a great time. She's 5 weeks ahead of me so not too long before her little one will be here!
April
April we started birth classes every week. It's the new version of Lamaze I guess but there isn't any breathing techniques anymore. It's more like pain management and what to expect at every step of labor. It will go until the middle of May so we're hoping we make it through all the classes so we're prepared!
Easter happened on the 4th but I can't remember what we did! I think we had lunch with Mom and Dad and then saw a movie but I honestly can't remember. Not too long later we had a Breast Feeding class at Bronson. It was educational but I thought it was kind of boring. I'm less nervous about trying breast feeding but it sounds like a ton of work!
The 16th we celebrated Mike's 31st birthday at Four Winds Casino again. It was a great time with friends and although no one won anything this year we still had a lot of fun. It was certainly different than last year in the sense I was super exhausted by the time the night ended!
Mike had a business trip in Texas April 18 - 20th. He was nervous something may happen while he was gone but thankfully Baby Dozeman stayed where he was supposed to and Mike didn't miss anything exciting. That will be the last business trip before the baby - I hope!
Thursday the 22nd I had a surprising turn of events. I submitted an article I wrote for Mike's boss about Mike's group. I write a lot of articles on the side when I can to keep up with my writing skills. Anyways, I got an email from the Corporate Communications person telling me that she really liked the article I wrote. I wrote her back and said thanks and to keep me in mind if she needed a future writer. Much to my surprise, she wrote back and said they did in fact have a position open and encouraged me to apply. Not the best timing (considering I'm at the end of 8 months pregnant) but I talked it over with Mike and we decided it was worth a shot.
I applied the 23rd and had two phone interviews that day. The 27th I had an official in-person interview with the Communications Director and the 29th I was interviewing with 4 more people. I was told I would know by early May the final decision.
While I was waiting for the final word, we had our 35 week appointment with the doctor. We were disappointed to find out the baby is hanging high with no signs of moving down yet. The doctor couldn't tell by feeling my belly which way the baby was pointed so they scheduled an ultrasound to make sure he's not breech. At this time I figured it would just be my luck we spent quite a bit of money on baby classes for a natural birth and our baby decides to hang out the wrong way!
May
The first of May was a crazy, crazy day for us. First I had Alta's baby shower at Norm and Mary's house. Alta is expecting twins in July. It was a very nice party but I couldn't stay long because we had a wedding to go to at 3. I left the baby shower, picked up Mike and we took off for the Wasserman wedding. It was also a nice event but again we couldn't stay long because we had ANOTHER wedding in Caledonia. We left about at about 6 and made it to the second wedding just in time for the reception. The second wedding was for Mike's cousin and we did tell them we would be late. It was a beautiful party and we had a great time catching up with everyone. I was once again exhausted by the end of the night and very glad when we could finally go home.
The second of May was just as busy. We were able to sleep in from our long day before only to get up and get ready to meet Mom, Dad and their Holland friends - Wim & Wilma. I invited a coworker of mine from Germany to come with us since I thought she would enjoy seeing people from her side of the country. In the end it worked out great. We had a slight mix up with the restaurant times and ended up driving all over Kalamazoo before finding a place open to eat. Wim & Wilma brought us very nice gifts for the baby. I especially liked the outfit they brought because it's unusual and nothing like what I can find at Babies R Us.
After this left Mike and I were once again on the run but this time to our last bowling league game of the season. I'm not bowling anymore but I did go to support the team. It was a lot of fun but again, exhausting!
Monday, May 3rd I received an official offer from Corporate for the Communications Analyst position. It's exactly what I've wanted to do since I started at Stryker and I'm very excited they hired me! Luckily I was at a good spot where I was at so I only had to stay the rest of the week in Distributor Relations. Starting this Monday I wil be at Corporate full time - well, at least until the baby comes. I did a few half days to get started in the role but Monday will be the official start. Basically I will handle newsletters, press releases, Stryker.com content and a variety of other things.
The rest of the week was pretty crazy with my new job and we had every day packed with something. Monday night we went to visit Chris who finally had her baby - Holden. He's super cute and the family seems to be doing well with their new bundle of joy. Tuesday we had a "Navigating Baby's First Month" class which was educational but kind of boring. Wednesday was Cinco De Mayo and Cam, Tiffani, Melanie and Bruco and us of course, all went out to Shakespeare's to celebrate. It was a lot of fun but a late night. Thursday we had our normal birth class and Friday we had our ultrasound and doctor appointment. Thankfully Baby Dozeman is NOT breech and at the time of the u/s he was 6lbs 11oz and doing great. Again, no activity - he's planning to stay in there for awhile longer it appears. Friday night we had a bit of a break but ended up taking Mike's car in to get new spring tires put on them. After that and dinner it was time for bed!
Before I knew it, Saturday was here and I was going out for a pedicure with my closest friends. They were great and all paid for my pedicure which was an unexpected surprise! They're a great group of girls and I had a blast. Melanie even made us "parents baskets" with different goodies and things we like just for us since most the stuff we've received lately are all for the baby =) The candy is already gone from both baskets... Yum!
After the pedicures Mike and I headed to Grand Rapids to see Steve's new house with furniture in it. Steve has only been in his new place a week but things are looking great. They're trying to figure out their color scheme and get ready for Tia and Audrey to move in next month. After our visit with Steve we went to see the documentary "Babies" in the theater. Super cute movie and definitely one that puts you in the mindset for children!
Today is Mother's Day and Mike and I have tried to relax as much as possible. It's finally stopped raining long enough Mike is out mowing the lawn and I'm working on laundry. I need to iron which is my least favorite job but I need pressed clothes for my first week on the new job =)
No comments:
Post a Comment