Today we officially started painting! First, we had to apply a primer coat because the bathroom was green and according to the Home Depot paint expert, even with two coats of purple paint the color I wanted wouldn't come out like my paper sample unless we primed. Anyways, we painted this violet-colored primer on the walls first. I admit I was a little nervous about the violet color but when we were able to apply the first coat of my chosen purple, I was very excited.
It's a little dark but I think I like it. I'm excited to see how the finished product will look but unfortunately we have to wait until tomorrow before we can apply the second coat =( I am also happy to report Mike and I managed to get through the two coats with minimal conflict. Considering we're such strong type-A do-it-ourselves kind of people, that's amazing! =)
Right now it's just a work in progress... But I feel this is the start to a beautiful trend! I already found samples of kitchens and bedrooms in lovely colors. I've decided we're going to paint our kitchen green =P Once we finish the bathrooms, the kitchen will be next!
No comments:
Post a Comment