Welcome to my blog! I will do my best to keep it updated so you will know what the Dozeman's are up to.
Yesterday was New Year's Eve and I had a very productive day. Mike and I decided January 1st was a good day to start eating healthier so we spent yesterday cleaning out the pantry and fridge of all unhealthful foods. We made a shopping trip to Meijer (stupidest idea on the day before a holiday) and battled the 100s of people pushing carts in the aisles for last-minute party stuff to find our healthful food. Our shelves are now stacked with healthful meals and snacks. It's kind of depressing...
After shopping we came home and made our dish-to-pass for the New Years Party at our friend's house. I made stuffed shells and put frozen corn in a dish and called it all homemade. I kind of overcooked my shells which was depressing but I'm happy to report not one shell was left after dinner!

The party was a lot of fun. We ate tons (farewell meals before our diet) and played games like Jenga, Fact or Crap and Wii Fit. Mike had a pretty intense game of Jenga going at one point where he almost knocked over the tower three times but still managed to keep the game going! We took a picture of the tower when it was at it's highest - shortly before it finally knocked down. I will post it soon.
Yesterday was New Year's Eve and I had a very productive day. Mike and I decided January 1st was a good day to start eating healthier so we spent yesterday cleaning out the pantry and fridge of all unhealthful foods. We made a shopping trip to Meijer (stupidest idea on the day before a holiday) and battled the 100s of people pushing carts in the aisles for last-minute party stuff to find our healthful food. Our shelves are now stacked with healthful meals and snacks. It's kind of depressing...
After shopping we came home and made our dish-to-pass for the New Years Party at our friend's house. I made stuffed shells and put frozen corn in a dish and called it all homemade. I kind of overcooked my shells which was depressing but I'm happy to report not one shell was left after dinner!
The party was a lot of fun. We ate tons (farewell meals before our diet) and played games like Jenga, Fact or Crap and Wii Fit. Mike had a pretty intense game of Jenga going at one point where he almost knocked over the tower three times but still managed to keep the game going! We took a picture of the tower when it was at it's highest - shortly before it finally knocked down. I will post it soon.
Anyways, like the old people we are, we crapped out at about 11:30 and caught a ride home with a friend. We did stay up to see the ball drop but we dragged out sorry selves to bed right after. We slept in until about 11 this morning and I have done nothing but check my email, my facebook/myspace and start this blog =)
This afternoon we are heading to Grand Rapids to watch "Marley & Me" with Mike's parents around 5. I know I'm going to cry like a sorry sap but I hope it's still a good movie anyways!
No comments:
Post a Comment