My best friend Janell came over today (she lives an hour away) to cut my hair and let our kids (hers are 4 & 2) play. Henry loves her daughter Jayla. He always looks forward to her visits. They've been friends for a long time. I'll dig up a baby photo of them! Well today while they were watching the end of Frozen together, Henry emulated the ending by planting a big kiss on Jayla's mouth. Jayla just smiled shyly. Ack! I proceeded to tell Henry that was not okay and gentlemen don't steal kisses. I said he was too young to kiss anyone but me and grandma(s). He replied that he was NOT too young and he "likes girls!" Sigh. I thought I was done with the life lessons until later in the afternoon Jayla's brother Jayden tackled her to the ground and Henry shouted, "Get off her!!" While literally throwing the brother off. And finally, while they were all playing monster and running away from Gabe (the current monster), Jayla tripped and fell. Henry stopped running, turned around and quickly helped her up before holding her hand and running with her. Do you think it's safe to say Henry has his first crush? I'm torn between making sure he stays a gentlemen and age appropriate and beaming with pride at how much he cares for her. She's like his first little girlfriend =)
Monday, April 21, 2014
Henry's New Crush
April 17
My best friend Janell came over today (she lives an hour away) to cut my hair and let our kids (hers are 4 & 2) play. Henry loves her daughter Jayla. He always looks forward to her visits. They've been friends for a long time. I'll dig up a baby photo of them! Well today while they were watching the end of Frozen together, Henry emulated the ending by planting a big kiss on Jayla's mouth. Jayla just smiled shyly. Ack! I proceeded to tell Henry that was not okay and gentlemen don't steal kisses. I said he was too young to kiss anyone but me and grandma(s). He replied that he was NOT too young and he "likes girls!" Sigh. I thought I was done with the life lessons until later in the afternoon Jayla's brother Jayden tackled her to the ground and Henry shouted, "Get off her!!" While literally throwing the brother off. And finally, while they were all playing monster and running away from Gabe (the current monster), Jayla tripped and fell. Henry stopped running, turned around and quickly helped her up before holding her hand and running with her. Do you think it's safe to say Henry has his first crush? I'm torn between making sure he stays a gentlemen and age appropriate and beaming with pride at how much he cares for her. She's like his first little girlfriend =)
My best friend Janell came over today (she lives an hour away) to cut my hair and let our kids (hers are 4 & 2) play. Henry loves her daughter Jayla. He always looks forward to her visits. They've been friends for a long time. I'll dig up a baby photo of them! Well today while they were watching the end of Frozen together, Henry emulated the ending by planting a big kiss on Jayla's mouth. Jayla just smiled shyly. Ack! I proceeded to tell Henry that was not okay and gentlemen don't steal kisses. I said he was too young to kiss anyone but me and grandma(s). He replied that he was NOT too young and he "likes girls!" Sigh. I thought I was done with the life lessons until later in the afternoon Jayla's brother Jayden tackled her to the ground and Henry shouted, "Get off her!!" While literally throwing the brother off. And finally, while they were all playing monster and running away from Gabe (the current monster), Jayla tripped and fell. Henry stopped running, turned around and quickly helped her up before holding her hand and running with her. Do you think it's safe to say Henry has his first crush? I'm torn between making sure he stays a gentlemen and age appropriate and beaming with pride at how much he cares for her. She's like his first little girlfriend =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment