February 12
After a busy day of catching up with Miss Kristen here and a sick little boy, I met up with some friends to have a pedicure done. It's harder and harder for me to bend down these days a pedicure was a welcome "pampering" for me. I decided to do cutesy colors on my toes for the twins. Henry was so impressed he ended up telling the teachers and anyone else who would listen the next day that Mommy had her toes painted for the twins. Please excuse my "fat feet" right now.
February 13
Officially 38 weeks today. I am measuring 46 weeks, gained 35 pounds to date, both kiddos are probably in the 6 pound range and their heartbeats continue to be strong. They're both running out of room to move so most movement is jerky jabs in my belly. It's not fun but I feel sorry for them!
February 14
Happy Valentine's Day! We didn't have any special plans for today. It's a "puff" holiday of course but it's till fun to celebrate. The boys bought the nannies chocolates and they got little chocolate hearts for a treat. Mike bought me beautiful flowers. I still love getting flowers and although I know they are a "waste" of money, but the thought means a lot to me =) Especially when I don't ask, which I didn't this year, and I get them!
Henry had an appointment at the doctors today. Last weekend when we were at Grandma Lois's house, she mentioned he had spots on his legs. I admit I hadn't looked at his legs closely lately (he dresses himself these days) and I was really surprised to see scaly red spots on his legs. I'd seen some faded red marks before but I always assumed it was a bump or bruise healing because he does have a lot of those too. Anyways, I had an appointment on Tuesday but then Henry got so sick we rescheduled to today.
The spots were much better than they were on Sunday/Monday. I started putting heavy cream and Aquaphor on them daily hoping that would help. It was helping but you could still see the spots. The doctor looked them over and said it's mild eczema. We've always wondered if Henry had eczema because he has very sensitive skin we've struggled with since birth and often has spots breaking out somewhere. We treat him all the time with Aquaphor to try and combat the problem. It's nothing serious, of course. The doctor said daily baths are great and it's important to lather Henry down with moisturizing cream (not lotion) and treat the spots with Aquaphor. At first Henry was not happy with the "lather down" part but he's getting used to it more and more every day. I can't imagine the spots felt good. Although Henry said he didn't feel them, the doctor felt the spots would be pretty itchy.
For "Valentine's Day" dinner we ended up at Noodles and Company. We wanted to do something slightly nicer but it was packed everywhere. Especially considering Valentine's Day was a Friday this year. I'm sure it was a popular date night everywhere. The kids didn't care though. They were happy with their noodles and they were excited to be out. Especially since they both have been housebound quite a bit lately. The weather is still snowy and cold but it has been warming up lately. It's been in the 20s which is quite a step up from the negative 10s we had forever =)
February 15
Today was a fairly laid back day. I ran some errands with the boys in the morning and after Gabe's nap in the afternoon, we had appointments to get the kids hair cuts and Mike's haircut. They were all overdue! It was slightly annoying because we had an appointment but still ended up waiting over a half hour for our haircuts. That's fine for most people but kids just don't have that attention span. Luckily the boys were good enough to get by but I don't think they would have gone much longer.
My boys are "cleaned up" now for the babies next week. I'm not sure how long it had been but I'm sure it was over 8 weeks. That's not the norm for us but it's been kind of busy around here!
February 16
Today was an electronics day. We've been putting off getting a new home storage system for our computer files because Mike's been too busy to set everything up. Unfortunately we hit a wall when our old storage system finally filled up and there was literally no where to put our files. That's a big reason why my blog is photoless or scarce on photos. I can't upload them! Anyways, Mike bit the bullet as they say and got some new system. I don't know what it is but he's excited about it.
As it usually happens when Mike starts shopping electronics, he goes overboard. Not to say they weren't needed and/or a nice perk to have, we now have a new laptop, printer, wireless internet system and storage system. I haven't used any of it yet but I'm sure it will be better than what we had. I'm looking forward to getting caught up on our photos. I think I'm all the way back to January with photos...
Mike's parents were nice enough to come down and watch the boys while we had our little shopping spree. Afterward we enjoyed a movie (Robocop) and had a nice dinner with them before they left. I had horrible back ache all night. I'm not sure if it's just early labor stuff or the seats from the theater. I think a bit of both. The babies didn't seem to get the memo that they don't need to do anything to come out on Wednesday. I've had prelabor symptoms for a few days now. Nothing to get excited about it. Just enough to keep me awake or uncomfortable. I'm so glad we're on the final countdown now!




No comments:
Post a Comment