Wednesday, February 12, 2014

New Nanny, Babies Coming???, Valentine's Day Party, Mom's Night Out, Catching Up

February 10

Maggie started this morning and she's great. The kids were complete monsters so I'm happy she's decided to stay despite that. It was a bit of a rush this morning because I had some signs my water might by leaking so I made an appointment at the doctors. I had to drop Henry off at preschool and take off right away. Poor Maggie was flying solo with a grumpy Gabe but she did well.

Sadly, no signs of labor. My "leaking" is just effacing or thinning out as they tell me. Gross. I'm kind of disappointment but kind of not. I'm not too far away from delivery and it will be best for the babies to be in there as long as possible.

The rest of the day was catching up from a lack of a nanny for a few weeks. Maggie was very helpful getting my house back in order and cleaning up. She did laundry and prepared meals and took care of the kids. She did great. I'm really hopeful she'll work out!

February 11

This morning we had a Valentine's Day party for the play group we're part of. The kids had a great time running around and chasing each other. The Valentine's exchange was a bit chaotic but I think they enjoyed it. They had cupcakes for a treat and by the time the party was over, both boys were tired. Gabe came home and wanted to sleep immediately. Henry "rested" but refused to actually nap. I was really hoping he would because I always feel like I need a nap!! =)

The rest of the day was pretty low key. Then I went to another Mom's house for dinner and drinks (for them - water for me). It was super fun. I have a great little group going and it's nice to have the support and also the opportunity for fun times as couples. All our husbands "get along" well too so it's not torture to do couple things together =) This will probably be the last time we get together before the babies arrive. Crazy to think it's that soon! We're also pretty excited because one of the girls in the group announced she's expecting too and they've been trying for awhile. SOO happy for her. Plus it will be nice to have some other kids in our little group who will be close in age to the twins.

February 12

Today Henry is under the weather again. Ugh. He was only at school one day! He's in good spirits but  he's caught something else going around. Miss Kristen is here today to help so I'm trying to get caught up on the blog and I need to run some errands later. One week from today the babies will be here!



No comments: