Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween Party

Today was another busy day for the kids and me. We had a Halloween party to go to in the evening for the Mom's group I help run. I caught up on a few chores during the morning and then I start to make the dessert I said I would bring to the party. Then I realized I was out of the eggs... I usually buy eggs at the farmers market which is on Saturdays! I debated asking the neighbor for an egg but in the end I dragged everyone to the store. I only needed eggs so I threw on some sweats, put my hair in a pony tail and grabbed the kids. Of course I ran into someone I knew. I was mortified but at least my friend was nice enough not to comment =) I did not stay to chat long either!

After shopping it was time for naps and my shower. I got ready and then made my recipe. My dessert with was half a Pinterest fail. It didn't taste bad but it was very thick and not at all like the beautiful photo online. Oh well. Better luck next pin!


After the boys woke up, it was off to the doctors! I had a glimpse of Henry in preschool in the doctor's waiting room. He is far more outgoing to other kids than he is around adults. There must have been a flu shot clinic again because the office was very busy with many kids. Henry made his rounds to all of them. He would walk up to where they were playing and say, "Hey girls! I'm Henry" and then just start playing like they were best friends. He was even sweet enough to introduce Gabe to several of them with pride: "This is my brother, Gabe. Henry and Gabe. Did you hear me? This is Gabe. Henry and Gabe." I cracked up.

Gabe is fine. Ears are clear so the medicine from the ENT worked great. The doctor checked everything out but nothing was really wrong with him. He had one tooth working its way in so that's possibly it but maybe he just has us fooled again. Tonight I will be less prompt in showing up to his room when he starts whining. This momma is tired!

After the doctors it was straight to the Halloween party. We had a great time. The kids all got treat bags, we had pizza for dinner and the kids played and played for a long time. Both boys were pretty exhausted by the time we left. I'm glad the Halloween treats are over. Once the kids were in bed I took all of it and either froze it or put most in a cupboard to be distributed slowly. I think we easily have 20 pounds of candy. Crazy.






Now I'm waiting for the dryer to finish so I can start packing for my girls weekend. I'm going away to a friend's lake house with a couple girls from my Mom's group. We're going to eat, they'll drink, and be merry =) Our poor husbands will have to fend for themselves for a few days! Wish us and them luck.

No comments: