Saturday, November 9, 2013

Baby Shower and The Nanny Hunt Begins

This morning I hosted a baby shower for a friend. It was more of a play date than an actual baby shower but we all had a few gifts for her and I provided snacks/cake. It was a really nice time and the boys enjoyed a special treat of chocolate cake and apple juice (they never get juice) all before lunch! I love having play dates or going to play dates because it usually wears the kids out pretty quick.






Speaking of wearing kids out... Gabe has worn US out. He hasn't adjusted well to the time change at all. We tried keeping him up later with the hopes he will sleep later but in the end all it has done is make him wake up several times during the night and be a complete grump during the day. Even poor Henry is feeling the effects just from Gabe screaming so loud in the morning it was him up before he would usually be ready. Tonight I'm going to try something new. I'm reverting back to the old schedule and putting him to bed at 6:30. That would be his usual bed time pre-time change. I'm not looking forward to getting up at 6 a.m. if it works but in the end it will be better than the 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 a.m. wake up calls I get now. Mike and I are exhausted even after taking turns with him.

I started my hunt for a nanny by signing up on care.com. I hope to find someone soon so I don't have to renew for another month. I actually signed up on Friday but I thought I didn't have any responses. Then I logged in and realized care.com doesn't email me at all when I get message. They just have their own message system. Hmm. Nice to know. So anyways, I've been going through the resumes and references trying to find a suitable person to interview. We're not looking for long term help. Just a few months after the twins are born and especially the first few weeks when I can't drive so Henry can still get to and from school. So far only one has the most potential. The rest I think are a bit young or have classes during the time Henry's in preschool. I'll keep you posted as things progress.

I'm into a new thing called "freezer meals" with some friends. We do a meal swap monthly but in addition to that I've been trying to freeze a duplicate of our dinner every night. The freezing part itself is going fine but Mike is not enjoying my adventure into "freezable" meals. He likes what I used to make which was usually pretty simple stuff like baked chicken, rice and veggies and these recipes are more like casseroles or one pot meals. I think I just need to keep at it and I'll find a few he likes. I'd like to have a nice stash for once the twins are born. With the last two babies we ate out so much it was expensive and got old fast. Hoping I can change that a bit this time around!





No comments: