Saturday - Halloween - October 31st
Today was a pretty laid back day up until Trick or Treating. We had prepared 110 treat bags because in previous years we've had about 100 kids. This year the weather was really nice and only got down into the 50s. We had some really cute kids come around earlier in the night. Some memorable ones were a little girl dressed as a Jellyfish and three little boys who were all pirates traveling in a homemade pirate ship made out of cardboard and glued to their power wheels car. They used the boat to go house to house so it was priceless! I wish I had taken a picture. In addition to the cute mode of transportation, when they came up to trick or treat I said, "Wow! Those are some scary costumes." One of the boys, probably 4 years old, replied, "Doh! We're pirates!" I thought that was hilarious.
After an hour and half we had a lot more kids than expected. By 7:45 we were out of candy bags and started giving out our personal stash of candy. Once the coast was clear we turned off all the lights and hid in our living room. Not ten minutes later we had some very obnoxious teenagers ringing our doorbell repeatedly demanding candy. Mike told them we were sorry but we were out of candy and three of the seven revolted and said, "What, no candy!?" and started to come at Mike. Luckily they're only 13ish so once Mike turned on all the lights again and started to go outside, obviously towering over them, the rest ran away. Luckily that was the only issue we had and thankfully we did not get TPed for running out of candy.
Saturday, November 7th
Today I went to a concert with my mom and friend Kathryn. We went to see Celtic Women who is often on PBS and a group I've enjoyed in the past. They had a very cool concert and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. I was a little disappointed they didn't sing as many Celtic or original songs (they do a lot of remakes) but I still enjoyed it.
Since Mike was not interested in the concert he went with his friends to a Pinball Party. A friend of a friend collects Pinball machines and once a year he and his wife have this Pinball Party. Mike said it was a lot of fun and he was shocked to see so many Pinball machines in one ranch-style house. He said there were rows and rows of them. He did take a picture on his camera. I'll see if I can get that on the blog somehow.
Sunday, November 8th
Today is our 1 year anniversary! We made it a year and things are still going well =) We had a nice relaxing day of just lazing around. We did pull out the old wedding cake we've been saving since the wedding day. I was very pessimistic about the cake so I bought a spare at the bakery. We did let the old cake thaw and Mike and I tried a piece.
I thought it was terrible. I spit out my piece shortly after it was in my mouth. It tasted like an old Popsicle that was too close to the side of the freezer and had serious freezer burn. Mike on the other hand thought it tasted good and he finished his piece. I decided to not bother and cut up our new cake. I tried to warn Mike the cake was bad but he didn't believe me until later when the cake he ate made him sick =P After he was ill he agreed I could throw out the remaining cake.
Monday, November 9th
Today we took our cat Louie to the vet. He had some caked blood on his paw that we noticed yesterday and we couldn't figure out what he did. He wasn't limping or anything but there was definitely something wrong with his foot.
I took him in after work and after the vet and a few techs held Louie down and snipped the tuffs of fur out of his toes we had a clear view of burned skin and a few burn blisters. Somehow Louie burned his foot! Obviously it's been bothering him so he's been licking at it causing irritation and the blood we saw. The vet came him a strong antibiotic to help with the healing and pain so hopefully Louie will leave it alone and let it heal. Now we're just watching him.
Mike and I think he did it on the space heater. He loves to sleep by the heat and usually is too close for comfort. The other possibility is our glass stove which he's not allowed on but I'm not watching him 24/7 =) Hopefully this is the last time it happens but we're certainly trying to keep a closer eye on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment