Today we had to get up very early to catch a charter bus to Chicago. Our employer offers a chartered bus to Chicago once a year for Christmas shopping. Mike and I didn't want to go shopping but we did want to have a day in Chicago. When we were dating we frequently went to Chicago for the day just to have a good time walking around.
We did end up doing a little window shopping but overall we didn't see too many stores. We found the Hershey store and their crazy candy bar sizes. The smell was so nice too... fresh chocolate from the factory is the best.
In addition to great smells at the chocolate store, it was a fantastic day out - in the mid-60s with no wind. We couldn't believe our luck. The only downside was having to drag our coats around all day. Two years ago in October when we were in Chicago I remember freezing just from the wind blocks away from the lake. It was terrible.
We did end up seeing "Boondocks Saints II" since it's still in limited release everywhere. We liked the first movie and enjoyed the second as well. It wasn't as good as the first but we were still entertained. After the movie we walked a bit around Millennium Park and then headed to dinner at a memorable restaurant.
Three years ago in October Mike and I made our relationship "official" at the Chop House Restaurant in downtown Chicago. We made reservations to celebrate our first anniversary (a week late) at the same restaurant. We had a fantastic meal and stuffed ourselves just before we had to return to the bus. We had a great time even if it was a short trip =)
Sunday, November 15th
Today was a pretty relaxed day... Mike and I were exhausted after getting up early and staying out late for the Chicago trip. We slept most of the day away before getting around to a few things we needed to do around the house. Before we knew it, it was time for bowling league!
I had a crazy first game where I scored the highest I ever have in bowling: 146! It was amazing but for only one game. After that I was back down to the 90s. I did raise my average a bit though. Mike also did well but I can never remember his exact numbers... I think his average is in the 150s now.
Monday, November 16th
Today we officially announced we are expecting Baby Dozeman in May 2010 =) It's been a very rough 12 weeks keeping it to ourselves but we wanted to make sure everything was okay before we spread the news.
I'm feeling great and not having too many problems. I have a lot of nausea but no morning sickness really. I feel like I eat all the time even though I'm not really hungry - ever. They tell me that will change as time goes on but I'm also hoping I won't become a whale throughout this pregnancy =)
Mike has been a great support. He's come to every appointment and read about four books by now. He's really ready to become a dad and I'm so thrilled he's as excited as me. We find out whether or not we're having a boy or girl on December 31st. I believe that's like 45 days or so from now =)
Tuesday, November 17th
Speaking of babies, my friend Michele had her baby last night so Melanie and I made a quick trip to the hospital to visit her. She and baby are doing well. It hits a bit closer to home for me now when I think, geez, this will be me in less than 6 months!!
The rest of this week looks pretty normal for me. Mike's going on a business trip tomorrow and Thursday. Luckily his trips are never too long! I give up asking what they're for anymore. I can never keep up with his projects =)
No comments:
Post a Comment