Yesterday we did end up seeing the “Somewhere in Time” show at the theater. It was pretty good. They had a lot of dancing/singing but again, I was slightly disappointed they wanted to make everything so modern. It was based off the movie “Somewhere in Time” but they made all the dances/singing to modern pop songs. They did a great job – I just wonder what’s wrong with good old fashioned dialog! =)
After the show we did some last minute shopping at the ship stores. We got a few more souvenirs and I bought another book to read on the plane. We were a little disappointed we couldn’t get the duty free deal on the alcohol. It’s all at a record low prices (two 1 liter Kahlua bottles for $25!) but apparently we are limited to 1 liter tax free but they only sell them in 1 liter bottles! So, we decided not to bring any home since we would be taxed on anything over 1 liter AND we apparently had to find a place to pack everything in our bags. It wasn’t the great deal we originally thought it was. Oh well. We didn’t need it anyways!
Today was a perfect end to the vacation. We did nothing but relax. First we had a couple’s massage and felt like complete jell-o when they were done. Mike and I both had a lot of tension in our shoulders and both masseuses were quite mean to our shoulders. Afterward it felt great but during we wanted to cry uncle and ask them to stop. After the massage we didn’t want to go out into the sun yet because we were glistening with massage oil and the masseuse warned us we would burn twice as quickly. Instead we headed down to complete ciaos in the promenade area.
Apparently it’s tradition on the last full day of the cruise to promote the cruise’s cookbook. The chefs from all different restaurants make samples of different dishes in the cookbook. Mike and I ate a ton of miscellaneous foods and they were all good. I didn’t think it was so good I would buy the $30 cookbook, but it was still fun to participate with the samples.
Once we were stuffed and feeling slightly less giggly, we made our way up to the pool area. I cooked for about an hour with a book while Mike swam and cooked occasionally with me. I didn’t burn as evenly as I hoped but at least I might come home with a tan. We found a very cool area (of course on our last day) to pull up a chair and take a nap with the view of the ocean and NO people around. It’s not directly in the sun so I guess that makes it less popular. We spent about three hours on deck just snoozing and reading.
By this time we had to head back to the room to pack our stuff and get ready for dinner. We signed up for valet service to the airport for our luggage. Basically that means we don’t need to do anything tomorrow with our luggage. They will take it tonight by 11 and they will transfer it to the airport. The only crappy thing about this system is we have to pack almost everything but the basics we need to get by tomorrow. We also have to make sure whatever we don’t pack we can fit in a carry on or get through security. I can’t keep my shampoo so I’ll have to use the ship’s tomorrow morning.
After packing we had dinner at the specialty restaurant and really enjoyed the food. It was a steakhouse so there were a lot of things we actually recognized on the menu. You would be really surprised how much they make on this boat that we have to ask what it is made of before we try it. Everything is so “gourmet”. Anyways, dinner was great and we got some nice pictures of the sun setting and a decent one of us dressed up.
Right now we’re finishing up some lose ends like returning towels and packing our carry on bags. We’ll go out for a bit after this but probably will get to bed early. We have to be off the boat by 9 and our flight leaves at 1:30. We should be home by 8 tomorrow if everything goes smoothly. We’re looking forward to sleeping in our own bed and without the constant movement of the ship =)
No comments:
Post a Comment