Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Snow

Monday, April 6th


Today we woke up to a very irritating snow fall. The wonderful days of 50 degrees or higher had suddenly changed to low 30s. I understand this is a common Michigan thing but I'm not sure I like it. I would like my spring days back - especially since it's Easter this weekend!




While at work today I received a phone call from mom. My parents are having Easter at their house this year and in a sudden burst of inspiration, my parents decided they wanted a more comfortable couch and a bigger TV. The joys of being retired to just decide to do something and get it done =) Anyways, my mother called because they had bought the couch and had it delivered but the TV was another story. They needed Mike and my help to set up the new TV.


After work Mike and I made the trip to Battle Creek to help them out. It was an interesting time for us all =) Mike is green with envy over the new 42" flat screen TV and new DVD system. It wasn't the easiest to set up but eventually Mike figured out all the cords and we got everything set up how Mom and Dad wanted it.



After it was all set up Mike did a quick tutorial run on all the new remotes and set ups for Mom and Dad. Unfortunately we were running short on time so we couldn't program the remotes to work under one universal one so we had to show them how to work all three (TV, DVD & Cable). It was a bit complicated so I had mom label the remotes and put down what settings they needed on the back. I hope the new system works out for them! We'll see this this weekend to finish setting up the new equipment and troubleshoot any issues.




For those of you who remember G.B. (Grill Baby Bird), I took a photo of him while we were there. I tried to get him talking on camera but he shut up the instant I had the camera on record. He's quite the chatterbox whistling like my mom, saying he's a pretty bird, smart bird, calls for "Momma" and I'm sure a number of other things I can't remember right now =) It's really doing well for a wild bird turned domestic! =)

June 2008



July 2008


April 6th

Tuesday, April 7th
Today Mike left very early for a business trip to Chicago. I went to work as usual and had a pretty productive day. I was so into the projects I'm working on that when I looked up to see what time it was, it was after 6! Luckily I make my own schedule so I left right away =)

After work I had to make a trip to Meijer for odds and ends. Right now Mike and I are watching American Idol (Go Matt!!!) and will probably follow that up with our DVR of House.

Oh, I do have an updated photo of Anya as well. I think her fur is growing back very nicely! We are so happy she's finally better!
Roughly 1 year ago....




Today!!! =)

No comments: