Two pretty unexciting days. Thursday was a bit more exciting because I went over to my friend Kristen's house to help her with her wedding invitations. She lives under the illusion I have nice hand writing =) I wouldn't say it's great but it's better than most. I was able to help her complete most of the invitations but I wrote kind of slanted on some... I was upset about it but Kristen took it in stride. She's a very laid-back bride - wish I could say I was the same during my wedding!
Thursday night after Kristen's house Mike was working late and I watched an Independent Film called "Once." It was kind of interesting. It was about two people living in Dublin, Ireland who randomly meet and decide to make an album together. I thought it would be a romance movie but it turned out to be something different. I still enjoyed it though. Independent films are always a toss up.
Friday, April 10th
Today we were very excited to travel to Indiana to pick up my nephew J.T. for a weekend with us. We picked him up around noon and returned to Michigan for a busy afternoon. First we made a stop at McDonalds for lunch. After eating J.T. played around in the McDonald's playground for a while before it got boring. There weren't any other kids in the building which was very odd so I think playing alone wasn't fun. Obviously Mike and I are too busy to play in the playground with him so we had to leave early.
After getting back to Kalamazoo we made a quick stop at home before taking off to watch "Monster's vs. Aliens" in 3D. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Not to say I expected it to be terrible but there weren't a lot of choices at the theater this weekend and J.T. had zero interest in Hannah Montana. "That's a girl's movie!" I believe was his exact expression =) However, it ended up turning out well because J.T. said he never watched a movie in 3D before and the show was a lot funnier than Mike and I expected.
After the movie we made a quick stop to the grocery store and picked up a pizza for dinner. J.T. was super patient with us while we shopped and ran a few errands. At home we ate pizza and watched the end of "Star Wars" the cartoon version. Currently Mike and J.T are watching "Underdog." It's the best of both worlds - J.T. likes the show because it's geared toward kids and Mike is loving it because it has talking animals (those who know Mike understand his strange love of talking animals like Babe, that cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, etc).
Pretty soon we're going to get ready for bed. We have a very full day tomorrow starting off with an Easter Egg Hunt at 10. Mike and I are not completely old yet... 10 a.m. seems ridiculously early for such events. That means we need to be dressed, fed and out the door by 9:30... on a Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment