Finally Easter Sunday! Even though the weekend went quickly Mike and I were ready to return our borrowed child =) Luckily my trick with the Easter Bunny bucket worked. I stood for a good five minutes the night before making sure the even breathing wasn't fake before I snuck in and stole the bucket back. I was able to fill it with the candy/gifts and hide it behind a curtain in the living room. I was still concerned I had blown this Easter illusion for J.T. so I went one step farther and spread hay from our back door all the way up to J.T.'s room and back down the stairs trailing it to the hidden bucket. I went to bed annoyed I had left my house a "mess" but it was worth the annoyance the next morning.
Mike and I woke up J.T. at 8:00 a.m. with horror at the mess on our floor and excitement over the missing bucket. J.T. bought it and was so excited to see evidence of the bunny's arrival. He was able to find his bucket with ease (thanks to my trail of hay I think) and he loved all he got. After the hunt was over, I promptly got out my vacuum and mumbled to myself over how difficult hay is to suck up. Thank goodness for my Dyson! 

After a quick breakfast we left for church. J.T. was great during the service and the church was packed! We left as soon as the service was over to head over to my mom's for Easter lunch. Mom always does a great job of having a large spread and organizing the meal well. Mike and I ate until we felt like bursting and after that we ate some pie and cookies. We stayed for about four hours talking with family before we decided it was time to take our leave.
We came straight home and took a nap. We woke up when we got a call from Bruco asking about our evening plans. We drug ourselves out of bed and met up with them for a snack and drink at Burdick's. We relayed our exciting weekend and by the end of it I was so not ready to go to work the next day. I managed to convince Mike it would be the ultimate end of a great weekend if we took off on Monday. He wasn't sure at first but eventually gave in and we both arranged to take off Monday for a "Mental" day.
Monday, April 13th
What a great day... Mike and I slept in and when we woke up we had cereal in the living room wrapped in blankets and watching TV. I surfed the web for awhile and Mike watched this awful series called "Eastbound and Down." It's totally a guy show and even though I'm sure Mike wasn't thrilled with it, he laughed at several parts anyway and kept watching. Around 11 a.m. the unthinkable happened and we lost power. Kind of random since it wasn't storming or anything. We decided to take a long nap since there wasn't anything else to go. Eventually the power came back on around 1 and we started watching "Changeling". Kind of a weird show... not horrible but I'm not sure I would rush out and buy it.
We eventually made it to the gym in the afternoon and then StirMax for dinner. We figured it cancelled out each other to work out and then eat buffet. Obviously we're lying to ourselves just to feel better =P
Mike has a business trip to Chicago again tomorrow so we're taking it easy. Always the last minute person, Mike is making his travel arrangements right now. Luckily it's just coordinating the train/subway schedules but he's going to be dragging tomorrow since he has to leave at 4 a.m.!
No comments:
Post a Comment