Wednesday, February 18th -













Today Mike and I slept in a bit and then got ready to visit my old high school town - St. Cloud. Sara and family were planning to spend the day at Disney so we had some time to ourselves. First, I'm not as familiar with the area anymore since it's been over 10 years since I lived here. We decided to program the GPS to find my old High School since it was an easy location to find. I used to be somewhat familiar with the Kissimmee/St. Cloud when we lived here but the way the GPS took us I had no clue where we were. Finally, when we reached the town of St Cloud I started to recognize some land marks. I thought it really strange I didn't notice anything before the town but then Mike looked at the map and we discovered why. Strangely enough, the GPS is programmed to automatically takes the shortest possible route - no matter how much it doesn't make sense. We took this ridiculous detour that cost $4 in tolls only to find out if we had remained on the road we started on, we would have reached the same destination approximately 2 minutes later. Seriously!?!?!?
Anyways, my old town was pretty much the same but only with a few areas built up considerably since I left. My old High School looks the same with a few newer buildings. Mike was amazed we had hallways completely outdoors and took several pictures of it. We also drove by my old house and my old Middle School. We began to look like stalkers driving by at slow speeds through the school parking lots taking photos out the window and smiling at anyone who happened to see us. Luckily we weren't questioned by anyone but I had my concerns!
After wandering around town for awhile we headed back to the Villa for lunch. We watched a bit of TV and then took off for Mike's tee-time at 3 at a local golf place. We met up with two different couples who were golfing at the same time. They were both nice and it was good for me to have someone else to talk to since I don't golf and after awhile watching Mike play gets very boring. Unfortunately the course was very busy so we were constantly waiting for the people in front of us to finish playing. We only made it through 9 holes before Mike called it a night.
When we returned to the Villa we arrived at the same time Sara and family were returning from Disney. They were all tired and tried to get the children to bed quickly. Mike and I ate dinner and then chatted with the family until 9ish. We decided we wanted to see a movie so we went to see "He's Just Not That Into You." We really enjoyed it and laughed often. It's a chick flick for sure but it's not so bad you can't bring your date with you =) Since we didn't go until late, the movie was over after midnight and we went straight to bed once we got home.
Thursday, February 19th -
Today we really slept in... until 11 a.m. We were tired and I did wake up earlier but Michael (Sara's husband) had repair people and the manager of the Villa coming to discuss business and various things with him. I thought it wouldn't take long so I stayed in bed. They took longer than expected so finally at 11 I stopped snoozing and got breakfast. Mike followed my lead and got up soon after.
After breakfast or lunch however you view it, we went swimming with the boys and Sara. It was raining but overall wasn't too bad and just created a misty sensation with their screened in pool. We were out there for a few hours and got some great pictures of the boys having fun. Robert has finally decided Mike is actually Mike but sometimes gets confused and calls him Mark anyways =) When we were done swimming, Robert went up for a nap, Mike, Michael and Wilf went to the community center for a round of ping-pong and I stayed back to build a roller coaster with Oliver. 
We didn't get very far with the roller coaster. Since Robert was sleeping we couldn't get all the "supplies" we needed to build, Oliver said. However, we did improvise and got a good start on the motor but unfortunately I won't be here long enough to help him finish it. Mike and I brought out the Hot Wheels racing set we bought at Wal-Mart to make up for the Mr Potato Head mistake and that seemed to go over very well. It was a bit of a mess making it but once it was up Oliver enjoyed playing with it.
After building the roller coaster motor and playing with the cars for awhile, Mike and I had to leave to meet up with my college roommate, Nikki. She's working in Tampa and we arranged to meet up with her and her boyfriend Sandy for dinner. We had a really nice time with them and ate at a pretty authentic Mexican restaurant. Unfortunately we couldn't talk too long because they had to work the next day and Mike and I needed to drive back and start packing for the trip home tomorrow.
Packing really isn't fun... overall we got most things packed but there are a few odds and ends we still need in the morning. Our plan is to get up at 7, get ready and hopefully be out the door by 9 a.m. Sara and family are going to Disney again so they will leave around 8:30 a.m. if all goes well. Hopefully we can catch them in the morning before they go! It's always hard working around two busy schedules =) We'll drive straight to Chattanooga, TN again and then on Saturday we'll be home pretty late in the evening.
Mike and I have had a great time here but we're ready to go home. We'll miss the warm weather but it's nice to be in your own environment and home. We especially miss our pets... how sad is that? =)
No comments:
Post a Comment