Friday, February 20, 2009

Half-Way Home

Friday, February 20th -

After a 10 hour drive, we are finally in Chattanooga, TN. Overall the trip went well. We left at 9:30 this morning which was a little later than expected but for us I thought that was good. We said our good byes to Sara and family. Robert was very enthusiastic about his good byes and gave us huge hugs and said "bye!" I'm not sure he really understands good-bye means we're not sticking around =) Oliver on the other hand got the idea and wasn't happy we were leaving. He wanted to finish the roller coaster and was sad we had to go before it was finished. He told me he would work on it while I'm gone and also recruit Leon from home to help him with the motor. I am to ride the finished product with him the next time we come down to Florida.

The drive was pretty smooth with only a few heavy traffic areas. We stopped a few times for breaks and to switch drivers. We had lunch at "Ye Old Buffet" which wasn't too bad for a small town diner. We went with buffet since we didn't want to stay long and I didn't want to have fast food. We arrived at our hotel around 8 p.m. and checked in. We put our bags in the room and then went to dinner right away. We had plans to go to a movie or out for a drink afterwards but half-way through dinner we both were falling a sleep in our chairs. We wussed out and returned to the hotel right away.

Luckily our hotel is much nicer than our first one from last week. We never know what we'll get with the Hotwire deals but we lucked out this time and got a very nice king-sized bed with a very soft mattress and fluffy pillows. Of course we could just be more drawn to it after sitting very uncomfortably in a car for so long =P Mike is testing out the softness as I type and I'm relatively certain once I'm done blogging he will be out. It's been a long day.

We're hoping to be out of the hotel by 8 a.m. tomorrow. We passed some caves on the way down which looked really interesting and we want to try to see one before we get home. Plus, I want to make another stop in Muncie to try for my Thai food again! Even if we eat dinner before that I'm taking home a large order of take out! I miss that Pad Thai...

We hear the weather in Michigan isn't great and we'll return home to snow. Not really looking forward to that but I suppose we had to realize vacation was over sometime =) We'll be careful and assume we'll be home later than originally expected.

No comments: