What an uneventful weekend. As I sit here trying to update my blog I'm trying to recall what I did since my last entry.
Thursday night we had a very nice time with our friends Adam and Jessica and their almost-2-years-old daughter Hannah. I watched Mike closely as he interacted with Hannah. I think he's on the verge of wanting kids soon - we both are. It's just hard when it seems like there is so much we want to get done around the house or in our careers before we start having kids. I understand from countless couples that we won't have any clue how much children change your life until you become a parent. We want to be parents soon but we're taking some good advice and waiting at least a year. I hope I won't have to eat those words!
Anyways, so we had dinner with them and then watched photos from the wedding and reception. Jessica was one of my bridesmaids so she was in several of the photos. It's hard to believe the wedding was almost two months ago now. I'm very glad we had such a phenomenal photographer to capture all our moments. The day went by so fast but we have a very well documented event to recall our of fond memories.
Friday night - I don't remember what we did. Oh wait, Mike had another nose job (hehe). He had some exposed blood vessel that was causing a lot of nose bleeds so he went to a specialist last month. The doctor put some kind of silver something-or-other up Mike's nose to close off the vessel. Mike said it was like having someone put acid up your nose and tell you it would only cause "mild discomfort". Anyways, he went back for a follow up on Friday and apparently it had to be done again. Mike was not pleased. I think we spent most of the night holed up in the house watching TV and relaxing while Mike took several pain meds and tried to forget the pain in his nose.
Saturday we woke up somewhat early for us to make the first matinee at Celebration Cinema to see "Grand Torino." We thought the show started at 11 but it actually didn't start until 1. Oops. It actually worked out well that we woke up early though because we didn't realize how much snow had fallen overnight until we looked outside. We were buried in about 14 inches. Well, it wasn't 14 inches at once but what happened was we just kind of let the snow pile up in our drive and it went from 6-8 inches in the drive to over a foot. Unfortunately we couldn't get out until Mike snowblowed the drive. We were rushing to make the 1:00 movie by the time he finished. He had to plow it three times because of how high the snow was.
We were late for the movie but luckily arrived during the previews. We met up with Bruco and Melanie which worked out because they saved us seats. We all really enjoyed the movie and I recommend seeing it - before DVD if you're a movie watcher. I wasn't really interested in seeing it at first but I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. When we left we were shocked to see it was still snowing - hard. It kept snowing all afternoon, dumping an additional 3-4 inches on our drive. Mike went out again and snow blowed our drive and our neighbors drive. Apparently we need to pay more attention to the weather because we were not expecting as much snow as we got.
Thursday night we had a very nice time with our friends Adam and Jessica and their almost-2-years-old daughter Hannah. I watched Mike closely as he interacted with Hannah. I think he's on the verge of wanting kids soon - we both are. It's just hard when it seems like there is so much we want to get done around the house or in our careers before we start having kids. I understand from countless couples that we won't have any clue how much children change your life until you become a parent. We want to be parents soon but we're taking some good advice and waiting at least a year. I hope I won't have to eat those words!
Anyways, so we had dinner with them and then watched photos from the wedding and reception. Jessica was one of my bridesmaids so she was in several of the photos. It's hard to believe the wedding was almost two months ago now. I'm very glad we had such a phenomenal photographer to capture all our moments. The day went by so fast but we have a very well documented event to recall our of fond memories.
Friday night - I don't remember what we did. Oh wait, Mike had another nose job (hehe). He had some exposed blood vessel that was causing a lot of nose bleeds so he went to a specialist last month. The doctor put some kind of silver something-or-other up Mike's nose to close off the vessel. Mike said it was like having someone put acid up your nose and tell you it would only cause "mild discomfort". Anyways, he went back for a follow up on Friday and apparently it had to be done again. Mike was not pleased. I think we spent most of the night holed up in the house watching TV and relaxing while Mike took several pain meds and tried to forget the pain in his nose.
Saturday we woke up somewhat early for us to make the first matinee at Celebration Cinema to see "Grand Torino." We thought the show started at 11 but it actually didn't start until 1. Oops. It actually worked out well that we woke up early though because we didn't realize how much snow had fallen overnight until we looked outside. We were buried in about 14 inches. Well, it wasn't 14 inches at once but what happened was we just kind of let the snow pile up in our drive and it went from 6-8 inches in the drive to over a foot. Unfortunately we couldn't get out until Mike snowblowed the drive. We were rushing to make the 1:00 movie by the time he finished. He had to plow it three times because of how high the snow was.
We were late for the movie but luckily arrived during the previews. We met up with Bruco and Melanie which worked out because they saved us seats. We all really enjoyed the movie and I recommend seeing it - before DVD if you're a movie watcher. I wasn't really interested in seeing it at first but I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. When we left we were shocked to see it was still snowing - hard. It kept snowing all afternoon, dumping an additional 3-4 inches on our drive. Mike went out again and snow blowed our drive and our neighbors drive. Apparently we need to pay more attention to the weather because we were not expecting as much snow as we got.

Today was boring. We went to church in the morning and then took a nap in the afternoon. I read my new book - Washington's Lady - and made my first batch of Chili. I'm happy to say the Chili turned out really tasty and it wasn't hard to make. My mom gave me a bunch of jars of canned tomato juice. I think the homemade sauce really added to the flavor of the chili. I'll have to make more next time. I only had enough for three bowls!
No comments:
Post a Comment