Sunday, April 20, 2014

Anna & Andrew - One Month Old

March 18

Today Anna and Andrew are one month old. I have survived the first month! I was reading their baby information sheet and it says that babies start developing a schedule at two months. I'm slightly depressed I still have a month to go before there will be any semblance of a schedule...

 

Anna
20" and 9 pounds
Anna sleeps about 2-3 hours a night and eats a mixture of breast milk and formula. She does not like to be swaddled. She generally is seen with her hands (still in fists) by her face. Her head/neck is very strong during tummy time. She is still working out her eye muscles so once in awhile she will look cutely cross eyed. The doctor says it will go away by three months. She has a crazy sensitive stomach. I have had to eliminate diary and caffeine from my diet and we're still working on finding a formula she can tolerate. We're on soy kinds now and they help but not completely. She does not spit up or anything when she gets something that bothers her. She just gets colic-like symptoms and will cry for hours.

 
Andrew
20" and 7 pounds
Andrew sleeps about two-three hours a night. I think he would sleep longer but I like to keep him and Anna on the same schedule so I will wake him up if Anna wakes up first. To be fair, I would do the same if he woke up first. He is also on a breast milk and formula mix. Andrew is still pretty laid back but he doesn't like to be alone. He will often cry if I'm out of his sight or Anna isn't near him. They don't have to be touching, but he likes to know where she is at all times. Andrew is determined to get his hands and arms to do what he wants. He is often moving them frantically around trying to figure out how they work. He is also working hard on rolling over. He can wiggle to his side which is usually where he likes to sleep now.
 

No comments: