Friday, December 27, 2013

30 weeks, Presents and Baking, Parties and Meeting Santa Claus

I feel like I missed a week here but honestly, not a lot happened the week of the 15th. Henry is off preschool and the weather has been snowy so we've stayed in quite a bit. I did have my 30 week appointment and the babies are continuing to do well. Both heartbeats are strong and I'll have a growth u/s on December 26. My belly is starting to get big enough it's cracking. I have never heard of this before but I guess it does happen. I'm trying to moisturize regularly but I imagine this will be a continued issue until they are born!


Wednesday was Henry's last day of school before break so we worked hard on Monday and Tuesday to get the holiday gifts done for his eight teachers. We did cookies in a jar this year. With so many teachers it's hard to do something unique but cost effective! =) Henry was pretty helpful with the ingredients but I made them "pretty". We put them in some bags and Henry was so thrilled to give them away on Wednesday at school.




Henry enjoyed helping so much with the cookies in a jar that he wanted to help me when I was making cookies for other people for the holidays. His favorite task was putting the Hersey Kiss on the peanut butter blossoms. I had to remind him quite a few times though that they are "cookies" and not "rocks" because the force he was using to put them on the cookie was breaking them more than placing them nicely on the cookie. He did eventually get it and I laughed a lot when he was would repeat, "Cookies.. not rocks."





On Thursday Janell came again to do Mom and my hair. We had a really nice time with her and her kids. Our kids always enjoy playing together and by the time everyone leaves, my kids are wiped out. It makes bedtime so much easier!! I wish Janell lived closer so we could get together more often =( We had a little celebration for Jayden who would turn two on December 22. We couldn't make the party on Saturday because we had another party we previously agreed to attend to go to instead. We got Jayden a John Deer tractor that would rear up and roll across the floor. Gabe especially liked it although he likes just about any toy car that moves and makes noise!

 

 
On Saturday we were supposed to go to an Ugly Sweater party but the minute we arrived, Henry threw up on Mike. Henry had complained a bit throughout the day that his tummy hurt but he was acting normal and playing hard. I didn't think anything was seriously wrong. Even after we left the party, he didn't throw up again. I don't think he felt well but thankfully it seemed to pass pretty quick the next day. Unfortunately we did miss a great party though!

Speaking of the Ugly Sweater party, I bought a few choices from the resale shop for the boys to try for their ugly sweaters. One of the choices I got Henry loved so much he thought it was great I bought him a "Santa costume!" It's not of course but he ran around the house wearing the sweater and asking everyone what they wanted for Christmas and chanting "Ho Ho Ho." It was pretty funny.



On Sunday when Henry was feeling better we took him and Gabe to see Santa at the mall. It was a ridiculous line but we survived. Henry was very star struck with Santa and kept staring at him the entire time. It was difficult to get him to finally look over at us for the photo. When he finally did, he seemed a bit annoyed we were bothering him. Gabe just laughed at all the funny noises we were making to get Henry's attention. In the end, poor Henry was so star struck he couldn't remember the very long list of things he wanted to tell Santa of things he wanted. Luckily Santa was prepared for such a situation and told Henry he was sure he would think of something to bring him in time for Christmas =)


 In other random news, we have started to have to duck tape Gabe's diapers on to him. He just won't keep his clothes on and if he can get it, he'll take off his diaper. He takes anything I do to stop him as a challenge to keep trying. We have tried potty training a few times and although he shows a lot of interest, he's not quite there yet. I think I'll try harder after the twins are here while I have a few girls here to help out.




Our elf is continuing to move around the house. Henry still loves looking for him each morning. I have to say, his creativity has gone down quite a bit. He used to do some neat things. Now he just moves around the house =)







No comments: