Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nanny Interviews, Friends, Family & Haircuts

Well the week flew by even though I don't think we did a ton. On Monday and Tuesday I had a few interviews with potential nannies. The first went well but I was concerned the girl was a bit young (19 years). But she was very nice and maybe I'm feeling old now so everyone in their 20s seem young =) My only issue with her was our schedules. She has classes the mornings I would need her to take Henry to preschool. Then I had a no-show which really annoyed me and has temped me to write a bad review. I have not yet, but I find it really annoying to wait around for someone for a half hour when I just confirmed the appointment the night before. Anyways, I have a few more lined up this week. Fingers crossed they show and I'll have a few potentials!

On Tuesday night I met up with my friends and we did another meal swap. I'm pretty excited about my new choices. I made chicken stuffed shells and pumpkin cookies to share. I got back chicken enchiladas, a sherry chicken casserole, honey chicken and taco soup. I'm starting to get a nice little stock pile in the freezer. It's been wonderful for the days I'm not sure what to make or I'm running low on time.

Wednesday I went to visit Mom and Dad in Battle Creek. Mom was sick all weekend and then was still sick on Wednesday. I tried to get her to go to the doctors but she was very stubborn! =) She did seem better but it sounds like she was pretty bad there for a few days. I'm not sure where she got it but the flu hit her hard.

On Thursday we went to visit my friend Janell at her new home in Nappanee, Indiana. They have done a tremendous amount of work to the house in a very short amount of time! It's lovely and they have some great plans for improving it more. I wish Mike and I were handy around the house =) We usually hire things done which of course is more expensive. Janell and her husband Rob are very handy. They installed new flooring, new bathroom vanities and painted quite a bit on their own. I was very impressed =) The kids had a great time playing with Janell's kids. They made crowns with stickers, built a fort in the laundry room and ran around like crazy beings. They were very ready for bed that evening =)







By the end of the week I finally had a chance to take the boys to get their hair cuts. Henry's hair was out of control and looks much better with a trim. Gabe wasn't too bad but I wanted them back on the same schedule so I had his done too. Henry insisted Gabe wanted the same haircut as him but now that I see it on Gabe, I think I like his a bit longer =) I haven't had a chance to take photos yet but I'm sure you'll see the cuts in other photos soon.

On Friday I had my 25 week appointment for the twins. Things are still going well. I'm measuring 32 weeks now. Baby A had a 160s heartbeat rate and B had a 150s. A was less than pleased to be bothered and kicked most of her way through the monitor. B had hiccups and tried to hide from the Doppler. I had my gestational diabetes test too but I haven't received the results yet. I assume I will be cleared. I'm feeling bigger every day. Not sure I'll make it all the way to 38 weeks but I guess time will tell!


Norm and Mary were very kind to come over and watch the kids while I was at my appointment. Mom was been sick this week. I fear they were bombarded with superheroes and Gabe wasn't on his best behavior. But they did survive and hopefully will offer to watch them again sometime for me =) I really appreciate family with these kids. I hope to find a babysitter so I'm not as reliant on them but for these two and three hour appointments, it's much easier to leave the boys at home with family.


Mike had a crazy week at work again. They had a big presentation on Friday so I didn't really see him all week until wee hours of the morning and then he was gone again early in the day. Definitely not something he wants to do all the time but at least the deadline is over and they did a great job on their presentation! He'll be traveling again soon too. Oh the joys of work, right?

No comments: