Yesterday our little man turned 2 weeks old! The time has really flown by. So far we're still doing really well. The last two nights we've had a meal at 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. and then we're up again at 7:30 a.m. Usually around 9 he's wide awake until about 11 and then he naps for a few hours. It's still exhausting but I'm getting used to the lack of sleep. I keep trying to nap with Henry but something always comes up or I can't sleep. I don't nap well but I'm trying to learn.
Henry's cord finally fell off and the smell is gone. He's a clean smelling little boy again =) He has his two week appointment this Thursday. We're anxious to find out how much he's grown since his last appointment. He eats really well so I'm sure he's about 9 pounds by now.
Henry's a great baby. He travels well and we're grateful for it. We've already taken him with us to a few restaurants and he's done nothing but sleep through the whole experience. We also took a long track to Grandma and Grandpa Dozeman's last weekend to see a movie and let Henry stay with the grandparents for awhile. We saw "Take Him to the Greek." Not a bad movie but not as funny as we hoped it would be.
We're still getting a steady stream of visitors which is nice. My friend Jessica organized a meal delivery schedule for us through our friends. We're super thrilled about having meals delivered since food is usually the last thing we have time to think about. Mike is great about going to get take out for us but fast food had gotten old very quickly.
In other news, Henry will be baptized July 18th at 1 p.m. We had the class last week and we're all set for the date. I need to get myself together and send out invitations soon. We'd like to have a little get together for close family members after the baptism at our house. Hopefully in a month I will feel more organized than I do now =)
Mike went back to work yesterday and Mom came over to help me out. She's still helping out a lot with the housework. I'm not sure what I will do when she stops coming! It's been heaven not having to do our laundry or ironing or picking up =) She's going to keep coming twice a week until I can get on top of this schedule with Henry. I'm still healing from surgery but I had an appointment yesterday at the doctor and they say I'm doing really well. I have permission to drive again which is a huge relief. I can also start lifting a bit more but I just need to be careful not to overdo it.
Otherwise, we're pretty boring around here now. I spend my days feeding/changing diapers/taking care of Henry and the house and watching whatever is on daytime television. Mike is about done with my obsession with America's Next Top Model. It's not that the show is fantastic but really there is nothing on TV! Now that I can drive again I will try to get myself out of the house and away from reality shows =)
No comments:
Post a Comment