Monday, September 28, 2009

Finally Home, News of a Funeral, Nephew Weekend, Birthday Party and Much more!

Saturday - September 12th

Finally home! We had a great vacation but there is nothing like coming home to relax =) We got home soon enough to enjoy a few hours with our pets before heading to bed for some much needed sleep.

Sunday - September 13th

Today was a nice relaxing day where we slept in and did nothing. We thought everything was perfect until that night we received news Mike's grandfather wasn't doing well at all. Within two hours we had news he passed away at the hospital. We were sad to come home to such sad news.

Monday & Tuesday - September 14th & 15th

Well the work never ends even though you're on vacation! Mike and I both worked really hard to get our work caught up so we could take off Wednesday for the funeral. Thankfully we have really understanding coworkers who were sympathetic and supportive!

Wednesday - September 16th
Today we attended Wilmer Dozeman's funeral. It was a nice service held in Holland, Michigan. We manged to make it on time with no problems and the day was absolutely beautiful.

Friday - September 18th

After a pretty busy week still trying to catch up on work, I was so happy when Friday finally arrived! We had previously arranged to have my nephew Billy over for the weekend. I left work a little early to pick him up in Indiana. It was a pretty uneventful trip and it was great to talk one-on-one with Billy. He's growing up so fast! Reading big books, talking about girls, and having opinions of his own! I still remember the day he was born! Hard to believe that was 12 years ago...
Anyways, after we got home we picked up Mike and went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant in town. After stuffing ourselves, we decided to go bowling. It was a really fun game and Billy kept up pretty well. It was getting late by this time so afterward we came home and crashed.

Saturday - September 19th

Today we all slept in and after waking up I made breakfast. We met up with Mom and Dad Smolsky and TJ Paul to see the movie G-Force. I thought I lost brain cells in the hour and a half it took to get through it but Mike and Billy loved it. I'm not sure what Mom and Dad thought... Afterward we headed back to Mom and Dad's house and TJ and Billy played in the basement with Lego's.

Once Billy was bored we headed back to Kzoo. Mike played catch and various other sports with Billy for awhile in the yard. They tried to talk me into playing but I'm not much of a sporty girl =) We eventually moved on to making dinner on the grill and watching movies inside. Pretty soon, it was past 11 and time for bed!

Sunday - September 20th

Today was jammed packed with events. First we woke up early and took Billy to breakfast and for a final event to play Laser Tag. It was Mike and Billy's first time playing and I think they both loved it. They had a great shooting each other and I'm sure by the end there was no strategy involved and straight up seeing who could shoot the most shots at the other.

After laser tag we had to get on the road to make it to J.T.'s birthday party. We made it right on time. The party was a lot of fun and J.T. had many friends and some nice presents. Mike and I ate a ton and visited with family. We didn't stay too long because of our long drive home and our busy weekend.

Monday - Thurday September 21 - 24th
Busy catch up week... just same old, same old!

Friday - September 25th

Today I got to leave early because I worked so much during the week I had a lot of overtime. Mike and I had plans to go bowling with our friends Kristen and John and to stop by a party in downtown Kzoo for another friend.

Bowling was a lot of fun. We actually decided on this day to join a league! I've never been on a bowling league before so this should be interesting. I'm averaging at 100 so we'll see how I do by the end of the season, whenever that is =)

After bowling we tried to go downtown for the Irish Fest and to meet up with some friends for a birthday party. Unfortunately the weather was no cooperative. It poured buckets... Mike and I spent 15 minutes standing under a tree trying to avoid getting drenched. It wasn't the warmest day either so it was definitely miserable. Eventually we gave up and decided to go back home before we caught pneumonia. Luckily we didn't make it to Irish Fest so we saved ourselves the entrance fee!

Saturday - September 26th

Today I had a friend's baby shower to attend. I had a great time and I even won a basket of candy for knowing the most in this baby shower game. I still have not told Mike about this basket... hopefully he will read this after I finish all the candy myself. I know... it's selfish but I like candy and I can't have it long around Mike or it will be gone =P
While I was at the shower Mike went to Grand Rapids to pick up a bowling ball for me from his parents (used to be his moms, then it was his and now it's mine!) and one for himself from his brother's friend. Apparently it's very common for people to have bowling balls... everyone seems to have one or a spare. Now we both have balls but we need to get them drilled for our hands.

Sunday - September 27th

Today was another jammed packed Sunday. First we had church in the morning. After church we had breakfast out and then headed home to do some lawn work. We had a tight schedule but eventually finished the lawn in time to go the movies with Melanie and Bruco to see "Surrogates". We made it back just in time to meet up with some other friends who dropped off some free Christmas lights for us and visited for about an hour. After their visit we headed off to visit our neighbor who is in the hospital for some heart problems. We spent some time with her and her husband before we had to leave again to meet up with our new bowling league team to bowl. After a marathon bowl of three games in an hour we returned home exhausted.

Monday - September 28th

Here and I am today catching up on the blog, trying to finish up some laundry and other miscellaneous things. Tomorrow is Lois's birthday so we are heading to Grand Rapids to have dinner with her and I think play another round of bowling with Mike's brother. It should be a fun, eventful night!

No comments: